Logmon for UNIX: Features and Pricing
You need LOGMON! Keep your computer system under control with this
Do your users forget to log out? It's hard to do a backup if
users are logged in.
What about security? If you leave your session logged in, anyone can access your system when you are not there. Auditors expect session timeout to protect your data.
Do you need a product that:
Keeps people from tying up computer resources
Gracefully logs people out if their session is idle for a
specified period (Graceful even for users of Oracle, Universe, Unidata, Infomix, or other database packages.)
LOGMON gives you the power to determine the logout idle times for
individual users and warn them of possible logout by sending a message
to the user.
Unlike other approaches, LOGMON does not simply look at keyboard activity. Rather, it monitors CPU usage. Thus, Logmon won't log off a user who is running a long job
with no keyboard interaction.
- You can control what happens when a user is to be logged out. A script can be executed that invokes Oracle, Universe, Informix, Unidata, etc., to gracefully cause a user to exit their applications. LOGMON does not just “kill” the process; it does what you tell it to do. You can have various stages of a logout, so that increasingly strong methods can be used to log off a more stubborn process.
- LOGMON monitors cpu usage for each user and their child processes. It can also check for tty activity, if this extra check is desired.
- Real-time updated screen shows your users and how long they have been idle. You can manually trigger logout for a user or send them a message.
- Allowed idle time can vary by user, time of day, tty, etc.
- Warning time prior to logout can be set in minutes.
- Verification of inactivity prior to actual logout is performed.
|Up to 20 users
|UNLIMITED users on a
|International customers incur an
additional $100 per order charge if a hard copy of the manual and software needs
to be shipped.
Discounts for multiple systems are available.
There is an annual optional maintenance fee that
is due one year after your purchase that is based on 20 percent
of the license purchase price; maintenance is included for the first year.
4N165 Wood Dale Road
Addison, Illinois 60101 USA
Peek and Logmon are registered trademarks of Computronics. All other product and company names are the ex-clusive property of their respective owners.